Saturday, September 15, 2012

Puppies are good for....

I've learned a few things in the past week of being a "Puppy Mom". Puppies are good for:
  • Getting you outside. I've spent more time outside playing with him and taking him on mini-walks in the past week than I normally would. 
  • Making you laugh. Our puppy has the tendency to be clumsy and it's usually funny at his expense. I've giggled at his silly antics a lot this week.
  • Warming your heart. He's so stinkin' cute and good that I can't help but smile when looking at him or playing tug o' war with him. Total stress relief.
  • Cutting down on technology time. Obviously I haven't been online since I've not been blogging, but my kids have had very little screen time this past week. Instead they've been hanging out with Cody inside or outside. One day they spent all afternoon after school outside except for 30 cumulative minutes spent eating, doing homework and bathing.
I love our new little member of the family and he's good for a lot. Unfortunately, there's a few things he's not good for.
  • Sleeping. Okay, so actually this isn't too bad. We haven't had to get up with him in the middle of the night like you would with a human baby, but he is ready to get out of his kennel early in the morning, so there's not really anymore sleeping in around here. 
  • Productivity. All that time I'm spending watching him is time I'm not cleaning, cooking, bookworking or doing other such "jobs" that I should be doing. I usually bide my time til the girls get home from school and put them on "puppy patrol" so I can work uninterrupted for a few hours.
  • Sitting down for longer than 30 minutes. He'll snooze during the day but not usually longer than 30 min to an hour, so I'm on my feet a lot, which is good, but exhausting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails