Friday, June 15, 2012

Little Bee (A Review)




I have no idea why I picked this book up from the Book Exchange. Maybe the cover and back appealed to me? I'm not sure, all I know is that it's been in my "to be read" pile for a few months. I finally picked it up to read the other day. I didn't really know what to expect since this is all I got from the back,

"We don't want to tell you WHAT HAPPENS in this book. It is a truly SPECIAL STORY and we don't want to spoil it. NEVERTHELESS, you need to know enough to buy it, so we will just say this:

This is the story of two women. Their lives collide one fateful day, and one of them has to make a terrible choice, the kind of choice we hope you never have to face. Two years later, they meet again--the story starts there..."

I have to be honest, it was not the quickest or easiest book to get into at first. It was well written, but for some reason it just didn't totally grab me right from the start. Once I did get into it however, I wanted to keep reading to find out what indeed was going to happen w/ Little Bee. The story was engaging and heart-breaking at times. There were characters that I really liked and ones I kinda hated. It's a story that is based on events that could/probably have really happened and in that sense it is kind of depressing to me. And the ending, oh the ending, I didn't like it at all, but I can see why the writer ended it that way.

So is it a good book? Yeah, I'd recommend it, you gotta read it to find out what happens, right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails