Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What I Did on Mother's Day

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, Mother's don't really ever get the day off, especially not on the day specified on the calendar to celebrate us. But, if you're a mom you knew that already, didn't you? Let's face it, Mother's are on the job 24/7. Yes, I said 24 hours a day, seven days a week, because even when we are sleeping we could be called on at any moment by our "charges, clients, customers, etc." I guess I may have had some time off, when Erik and I go on vacation just the two of us, but even then I'm not exactly "off". Even if my body is relaxing and I'm not doing anything kid-related, I'll still be worrying or thinking about my girls.

But you know what? I'm totally not complaining. I absolutely love my "job" and my two beautiful, smart daughters. I'm extremely grateful God gave them both to Erik and I. Not having to work outside the home makes it that much sweeter. Lindsay and Kera are completely worth all the blood, sweat and tears I've shed being their mother. Even if it means helping them with school projects.

School projects....I didn't even like them back when I was the student, but here I am, on my 2nd and 3rd round of dioramas, posters, reports, stories and other special assignments. This past Sunday, yes Mother's Day, was actually spent helping Lindsay finish her last book report (Amen!) of the school year, which she chose to make as a diorama. I knew in advance we'd be doing it, so we've been gathering "supplies" for a week or so. Toy tiger from the toy bin. Check. Two lego guys from a friend at church. Check. Empty shoe box from my stash. Check.

When it came down making it, it only actually took us an hour or so. Yay! And both Lindsay and I think it's her best one yet. (Because we all know she'll probably have more next year.)

Here's her project:

The two characters are suspended from a cliff on a raft and there is a tiger trying to get them from the cliff. I can't remember what book it was, but she liked it whatever it was.


If you look ever so closely you'll realize it's actually a leopard, that the girl is Princess Leia and the guy is wearing a space suit. We weren't going for perfection here, just resemblance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails