Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Twenty-One Days of Yum

Did you know that it only takes twenty-one days for most folks to see some of the benefits of a paleo way of eating? That's only 3 weeks! An aspect of my new favorite health tool  is a program called, "21 Jump Start". It's basically strict paleo for 21 days as a way to reset your system. It's a no brainer because there is even a menu for all 3 meals each day for 21 days with links to all the recipes available for free on EverydayPaleo.com. And then of course, there's the forum to keep track of your food intake and have some accountability with other folks who are also doing the 21 jump start.

I decided that after Christmas and all that holiday eating (even if it was mostly paleo, there were still far too many treats for me that month) I needed a jump start, so I started a 21 day challenge  on January 2nd. I made it about 12 days before I caved and had some popcorn w/ the family on movie night. So, in an attempt to actually go 21 days with 100% clean eating, I started another 21 day challenge. I finished it this past Friday night, two days short of 21 days and once again derailed by popcorn. (I'm beginning to think I may have a problem!). Despite the fact that I didn't quite get 21 days in either time, I am feeling so much better with my diet being cleaned up as much as it is. It's amazing what a little tweaking will do! So, I'll probably start another 21 day challenge today tomorrow and see if I can actually make it 21 days this time. (But if you think about it, that will be 3x21 days=60ish days of clean eating with one or two not-so-clean eating intermixed, that's pretty good!)

But, just so you know, I haven't felt deprived at all during those 21 days. Yes, I caved to popcorn but I blame it on hormones. Seriously, though, I wasn't hungry or counting any kind calories or serving size during this time. I was just focused on eating good clean food and lifting heavy stuff. I can't say I've lost any weight cuz I don't weigh myself anymore, but I feel great and that's what matters right now.

So, here's some of the yummy food I've eaten over the past 21ish days...

Fajita Bowls. Fajita fixin's in a bowl over lettuce. Add some avocado and salsa and yum!

Frittata with mushrooms, bacon and some guacamole on the side.

PW's "Marlboro Man Sandwich" meat and onions, sans bread. Some carrots and celery.


Coffee w/ heavy cream, a chicken apple sausage, fried eggs and 1/2 grapefruit



Southwestern Chorizo Burgers with Jicama Home Fries from the Well Fed cookbook.

Stir fried veggies and Ham and Egg cups from Paleo Comfort Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails