Monday, February 6, 2012

1RM

This past week was the time in my heavy lift rotation where I was able to work towards my 1RM, otherwise known as "one rep maximum". Basically that means you keep adding weight and trying to complete one rep of that particular exercise until you can't complete one rep. I've been working towards this "opportunity" since the beginning of January. I've been eager to try these workouts to see what I am capable of doing, and it's been rather exciting to see!

After my first 1RM day.

So, wanna see my 1RM's? Okay, if you insist.

Shoulder Press (done w/ dumbbells): 35 lbs (in each hand)

Squat (goblet): 65 lbs

Bench Press: 90 lbs


Deadlift: 125 lbs.


I must say, both the bench press and dead lift surprised me, in a good way. I am thrilled with my beginning numbers and can't wait to see how I can improve upon these in the next month!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails