Friday, December 2, 2011

Five Question Friday



I'm going to try something new today and participate in a little thing called "Five Question Friday" hosted by Mama M over at "My Little Life." So, grab a cup of coffee or tea and prepare to be entertained or inspired!

1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house?

My favorite Christmas decoration at my house would have to be our stockings. Although I do love the tree all lighted up, the stockings beat them by a tiny bit. 


They are hand made by my great aunt Ann--she knits them for all the members of the family. They have our name and birth year on them and a picture of Santa. I hang them on the stair railing and can see them every time I walk down the hallway.

 Mine is the oldest and is yellowed, but that's okay, Stockings have always been my favorite part of Christmas--waking up in the morning to see what treasures Santa filled them with was more exciting than seeing what presents he left. For some reason I love the smaller, more creative stocking presents. So my stocking brings back memories of Christmases past and reminds me of the magic of Christmas and the spirit of Santa. 

2. Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you a last minute type?

I like to try to finish my shopping as early as possible. I would much rather spend the last few days before Christmas holed up in my house with some coffee, Christmas music and my family. I don't enjoy the hustle and bustle of last minute shopping, so I get it done as quickly as possible. I don't usually start much earlier than November, however, so it's done quickly in a matter of weeks. I'm efficient!

3. When do you turn on your heat?

We don't have a specific date that we turn the heat on, just usually when it's cold enough to warrant it I guess. We do the whole "open the windows for sunshine to heat the house" thing as long as possible in the late fall, and even then if we have the heat on, the temp is set to 66 so it might not kick on. 

4. Do you ever wish your blog was private?

Hmm. Maybe. But then, what would be the point of having a blog? I keep a hand-written journal for the things I'd want to be private.

5. Do you put your deodorant on before of after you put on your shirt?

Definitely before. It's one of the first things I do right out of the shower. I don't want to work up a sweat while blow-drying my hair! And it has time to soak into my skin before putting on my clothes and lessons the white marks. Although I still have to be careful with dark colors. 

Well, that was fun! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :-)





1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love our stockings. They are so personal and such a treasure for years to come. I am afraid my shopping won't be complete until a couple of days before Christmas. Gotta wait for my last pay day! Have a beautiful tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails