Tuesday, November 8, 2011

And I'm done.


I will never learn. I find a good book, or a good series, and I read them greedily, as if I can't get enough. And then when I am done and I realize there is none left, I wish I would've taken my time and savored it. I do it everytime! I just can't read slowly--and if its a good book, boy oh boy, I'll read it even faster. I have no idea why, but I just do.

I finished a book last night, "The Emperor of Nihon-Ja" which is the last book in the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan. Yes, the last one. *sigh*  I can't believe they are over and done. Well, there is still "The Lost Stories" but those are just "filler" and will be over just as quickly as the rest of them. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading these books. They had everything that makes a book a great book: lovable characters, action and suspense, twists and turns in the plot, variety, humor and romance, chivalry and honor.

I will miss Will, Halt and Tug and all their wonderful friends. John Flanagan, you've created quite a wonderful world in these novels, well done kind sir!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for John Flanagan! ;-) I'm so glad that you enjoyed them, Ken! They will be favorites for the rest of my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails