Sunday, October 2, 2011

Number the Stars






Not too long ago, I was wandering around Hastings with a friend looking for good books for our children to read. She pointed out this book, "Number the Stars" by Lois Lowry and mentioned it was a great book she had to read when she was in college. I was intrigued. Of course I recognized the name Lois Lowry, but I honestly couldn't remember reading any book by her. So, I put her recommendation on my library list and the next time I went to the public library, I found it.

It was a quick read (having been written for older kids), but it was great. It tells the story of a young girl, Annemarie, in Denmark during WWII when the Nazi's are relocating the Jews there. Annemarie's best friend is Ellen, who just so happens to be Jewish. This is a story of bravery in the face of evil. It was inspiring and moving. I am definitely going to recommend Lindsay read this, and if you haven't read it, it's a great one. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails