Monday, October 3, 2011

I cooked. We ate. I took a few pictures.


I practically lived in the kitchen this past week, so I have quite a bit to share with you. Sorry I was a slacker on the photography side of this cooking/eating/blogging thing, so there isn't pictures of everything. Be easy on me, I'm still learning! :-)

In no particular order, here's some of the edible goodness I threw together this past week:


This was awesome. Not too spicy, so everyone ate it up. It was especially good with a dollop of sour cream (if you do dairy) and some avocado.

One of Kera's lunches: clockwise from topleft: Snap peas with ranch for dipping, "trial mix" (homemade larabar mix plus some dried cherries and a few pieces of dark chocolate with almond), raspberries, turkey rolled around cheddar cheese.

Lindsay's lunch on the same day: Chef Salad (lettuce/spinach+turkey+ham+cheddar cheese+ceaser dressing), plain greek yogurt with dried strawberries and a drizzle of agave, peaches.

Yummy Slow Cooker Kahlua pig made into lettuce cup tacos. This meat was awesome and it made a ton so we had leftovers for many days afterward!

Another view of the pig.

Lindsay and I whipped up some Pumpkin Ice Cream on Monday for our Mother-Daughter date, which was pretty tasty. We ate it up before I thought about getting a picture of it. If you like the taste of pumpkin and spices, try this one out, it's super easy.

Okay, so here's the real reason I cooked a lot. I got a new cookbook in the mail on Wednesday--mix that with a small group get-together Friday night and a family friend visiting from across the pond and I was cooking up a storm. Here's a few looks at some of the fun new recipes I tried out...

Apple Crisp


Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

Chunky Monkey Muffins. Oh wait, these weren't in the cookbook, I found them online, but I had a whole bunch of bananas that had gotten too ripe that I had to deal with. So I put these together for breakfast on Sunday. They were easy and yummy!


Banana Nut Bread that I made into both a loaf and muffins. (I told you had a ton of black bananas). 


All those yummy recipes came from this wonderful new cookbook:

Yes, yes, yes!!




I  have earmarked almost every page for recipes I want to try.

And I also cooked a dish that I didn't get pictures of, like:

Which was awesome, I must say. Well worth the time it took to cook it up. Even Erik and Lindsay ate it and said it was good. I didn't try Kera-she doesn't do onions.

I am almost literally eating this cookbook up. I was really in need of some new recipes and the fact that a good majority of these are considered "comfort" foods that have been paleo-fied makes it that much more fun. I love that there is a color picture for every recipe--I love cookbooks with recipes. I love how wide the variety is in this book, too. Lots of fun new things to try. I have like four recipes earmarked for this week's menu. Hopefully I'll remember some pictures this time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails