Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekly Menu


We ate good this last week! So good, in fact, that we ended up eating leftovers a few more nights than I actually planned for! We didn't actually eat Shrimp tacos until Sunday night and I pushed the spare ribs into today. The fajitas got scrapped completely, which is fine since I didn't actually defrost the meat yet.


This was the Mango Chicken Salad, which was very tasty. The girls decided they'd rather have it without the mango, and it was almost too spicy at times so next time I'd skip the mango and cut the jalapeno amount in half. It was great as leftovers, too. 

Fauxtmeal! We ate this as a family breakfast on Saturday when I had a bit more time to throw it together. We put blueberries, cut up frozen strawberries and coconut milk on it. The girls and Erik also added a little honey, too. Everyone liked it and it was a very nice change from eggs.

Shrimp Tacos. These were awesome tasting, although we couldn't eat them as tacos with the romaine lettuce, so it sort of turned into salad. Next time I'll probably nix the cayenne pepper and all or most of the cumin since these were very spicy. Erik loved them but Kera and I aren't huge spice fans, so she didn't eat much at all. 

Our Menu for this week, Monday September 19-Sunday September 25

Miscellaneous:(all these are new)
Caveman Crunch Bars (from last week)
Cinnamon Apple Muffins (from Elana's Gluten Free Cookbook)

Breakfast:
Sausage & Egg Scramble, eggs/bacon, Egg Nests (recipe to come soon), and hopefully the paleo bread and/or muffins

Lunch:
Same as last week: a combination of leftovers and "new stuff". Posts to come, for sure.

Dinner:
Monday: Crock Pot Pork Carnitas (new recipe) with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, guacamole and sweet potato fries
Wednesday: Leftovers plus salad with our ranch dressing!
Thursday: "Pizza" with zucchini crust (new recipe)
Friday: Lime Pepper Salmon, 
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Beef Fajitas


1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so fantastic! Let me know what you think of the zucchini pizza. I know it takes some work to get the moisture out of it. That's partially why I came up with a simpler crust this last week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails