I finally got my act in gear and made these wonderful morsels this morning. And not only that, but I kept track of what I used so that I could share this "recipe" with you, my dear readers. Aren't you special?
Why yes, yes you are, because these things are so good, you'll want to eat the whole batch in one sitting.
Approximately 1/2 gram of carb per muffin
1 (3oz) package of pancetta
3 large mushrooms
3 green onions
1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
8 to 10 large eggs
1. Chop mushrooms and green onions.
2. Preheat oven to 375.
3. Line the muffin tin--each hole with one slice of pancetta (or proscuitto or bacon).
4. Sprinkle green onions and mushrooms into the pancetta "bowl".
5. Sprinkle a little cheese on top. (I used mozzerrella)
6. Scramble eggs in a medium bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Then pour a little into each muffin tin. 8 eggs was enough for a dozen, but you could use more if you like more egg in each muffin.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until egg is cooked.
8. Eat warm but saves well for leftovers, too.