Monday, May 23, 2011

Hindsight


You know how they say "Hindsight is 20/20"? It's so stinkin' true that it's just not fair.

Why is it that we can analyze the problems or difficulties we are enduring today and trace their source to a bad decision or poor judgement, on our own parts, sometime in the past? I'm not saying all of our problems are due to our own mistakes in the past. It just seems like the ones that are a product of some poor choice in the past seem so unavoidable when looking from today's perspective. I can often pinpoint the exact moment of error.


If I had only.....
looked at it closer before making my choice
asked more questions
opened my eyes
gotten more advice
followed so-and-so's advice
prayed more
not been so hasty
blindly followed


I know the hard things we go through in life only help us grow stronger and contribute to who we are, but some days the self-inflicted hard things are just so frustrating. There have been several decisions, made quite awhile ago, that still complicate things with their consequences. I thought so little of them at the time that they were almost non-decisions. I had no idea. Unfortunately, now I do, and I hate that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails