Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Goodies

If you haven't noticed, I really like to bake. I like to cook, in general, but I especially like baking. And this time of year is like the baking time of year. It's cold outside so it just seems natural to crank up the oven and get to work. I also really like to give plates with goodies to neighbors and friends for Christmas, so I end up with a pretty long list of things to bake:

Spice Drop Cookies*
Toffee
Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Rocky Road Bars
White Crunch
Cookie Dough Truffles
No-Roll Sugar Cookies
Peanut Brittle
Fig Newtons*

The treats with * are new recipes that I am trying this year. The others I've made before and are definite keepers!

Yesterday I had a couple hours, so I asked the girls if they wanted to help me bake anything after school. Kera didn't, but Lindsay did! :-) She helped me with three different treat, which was nice and fun to spend that time with her. Here's what we did....


Measuring rice crispies for the white crunch.

all the ingredients

Melting chocolate bark


the figs for the fig newtons

White crunch & rocky road bars setting up.


White crunch

Fig newtons

No Roll Sugar Cookies


The fig newtons, which was the only new recipe in this bunch, turned out pretty good. Not my favorite, but not too bad. I have one more fig newton recipe I want to try, to see if we like them better. But these will work for now.
Next on the list are the truffles and toffee! And probably another batch of sugar cookies, as it doesn't make many. And I still have a brick of each almond & chocolate bark left, so I need to figure out something to do with those too! Ah, I love this time of year.

What are you baking this time of year? Do your kiddos help you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails