Monday, December 8, 2008

Lights & Treats

So I finally got my Christmas decorations out and put up this past weekend. I also got all of my Christmas treats baked! I can't tell you how freeing it is to know that I'm done with all of that! I have a game plan for finishing the shopping, which is almost done, so I really am in the homestretch for Christmas. My goal is to finish this week so next week can be mostly relaxing! :o)
Here's a picture of our beautiful tree with my adorable children posing in front, ha! Lindsay's eyes look kind of demented, but she was actually being really sweet there.

Now a pictoral recipe of one of our family favorite goodies: Rocky Road Bars
First, line a 9x9 dish with waxed paper and put 2 cups of mini marshmallows along the bottom. You'll also need 1/2 cup peanut butter & 1 cup salted peanuts.
Then melt 1 lb of chocolate candiquik (aka almond bark). Add the peanut butter & peanuts to melted bark.
Then pour over the marshmallows. When firm, cut into 1 inch squares and enjoy! YUM!!

I baked up a storm on Saturday and Sunday and here are some of the other goodies I made. My family will be enjoying a small portion of them, and then I'll be giving the rest of it away in cute little boxes you can make by folding scrapbook paper. (Pictures to come!)
Toffee:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles:
Plus I made a batch of homemade hot cocoa mix which is divine compared to the store bought kind. I love it! :-)

No-Roll Sugar Cookies (One of my favorites) Last, but not least, its definitely hot tub season around here, Erik has been in there almost nightly, I had a girls night this past Friday with some college girls from church and Erik has even braved taking our little girls in there once, which was a cute picture opportunity...

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll have some of those! ;)

    Beautiful decorations, as well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rocky Road Bars are almost exactly the same thing as one of our favorite family recipes, too! We call 'em nut cups, though, and usually giggle afterwards! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails