Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thanks, FamilyFun!

This year I'm actually kind of prepared for Valentine's Day, thanks to my good friend Yvonne's subscription to Family Fun magazine. :-) I was at her house last week and perused through her February magazine and found ideas for both the actual valentines and the box/holder. This is Lindsay and her holder, its an empty kleenix holder that I actually had to buy special for this, I usually use the big boxes but they aren't as cute. She enjoyed pulling out all the kleenix. It's a cat and so cute. I love it. It was also so easy, I especially love that.

The valentines are going to be those big foam hearts (found at WalMart for a few bucks) with slits cut in them and a valentine pencil (also at WM) pushed through. It ends up looking almost like the arrow through the heart drawings we all made at one point or another. THe girls just have to write the "to/from" and they're ready. The part I like is that its more than just a silly piece of paper and its not candy! I know all school kids can use pencils, so its a practical yet fun card. I'll post pictures of those later. :-) We're not done with them, but we did start them today so I feel quite prepared for next Friday, for once!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love that craft--so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails