Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Relaxing? We'll see about that...

In exactly two days (not counting today) we'll be driving over to Spokane. There we will eat dinner with good friends (yay!) and then sleep in a hotel for the night so that we can get up at the crack of dawn on Sunday and get on a plane headed to Mexico. And when I say we, I mean we as in the whole family. Erik, the kids, his parents and I are all going to spend a week here:



That's Nuevo Vallarta, which is north a bit of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We'll be staying at a really nice, family friendly resort with tons of swimming pools and situated right on the beach. We have a two bedroom condo, so there should be plenty of room for all of us.

I am looking forward to some sunshine and warmer temperatures, for sure, but there is part of me that kind of wishes that it was just Erik and I going. Sure, it will be really fun with the girls--especially seeing them play on the beach. Kera's never seen the ocean before, so that should be interesting. And having his parents will be fun and helpful with the kiddos. So I'm sure it will be fun, but part me of wonders exactly how relaxing it will be. When its just Erik and I in Mexico, I spend a ton of time just sitting and reading by the ocean and/or pool. This trip I will probably be in the water a lot with the girls and keeping my eye on them when I'm not in the water. I don't need to go into all the ways that it'll be more work having two kiddos with us, we all know traveling with kids is just harder and more involved. I just hope that we have such a great time that I can look back and say it was worth it!

Off to do laundry and pack and re-check lists and pack and etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails