Monday, November 2, 2009

Sugar Buzz

Is it too early to throw away the uneaten Halloween candy? Seriously. I'd really like to take both the girls' candy buckets and trick-or-treaters' bucket and just pitch it into our already overflowing trash cans. (I get the good wife award of the week for last week since I forgot to take the trash out to the street). We've been eating the candy we'd planned on giving out for almost 2 weeks already and now we have all this other candy and I've already had enough of whiney crazy kids. Of course I'm tired of giving into my sweet tooth as well, that sucker is super strong!

Although, now that I think about it, it might be good to have some sugar around for this month, you know since I've recklessly decided to jump into NaNoWriMo again. Let's see, its already November 2nd and you want to know how many words I've written so far?

Zero. Zilch. Nada.

(I know theres a movie with that line in it, a kids one I'm pretty sure, any guesses?) Why haven't I written? Well, Sundays are busy around here anyways and to be honest I wasn't sure what I wanted to write. I'm still not 100% sold on what I'm going to spend a month typing about. I think I need to figure it out today, though.

Back to the candy, though. Halloween was good. Not too busy and just enough friends and family. I made a super yummy chili (chili for some reason has become traditional Halloween fare at our home) and then the guys took the kids out on the street while my mom and I put our feet up and had a relaxing chat. Of course I jumped up every 4 minutes or so to hand out candy, but I'm not complaining. That is less candy we have in our home. I'm a generous candy hander-outer, too, as in I give out handfuls to the lucky children brave enough to venture down our cul de sac. We don't usually have many kids ring our bell--I think it has something to do with the houses on either side of us being dark most years and kids being too lazy to walk down to our lone lit up house.

Here are the kiddos in their costumes....
Kera was a butterfly. I was so lazy simple this year, using wings and antenae from a shop in the mall, then putting her regular clothes on except for a $5 tshirt from Old Navy.
Lindsay was a cat but she told everyone she was a leapard. Again, from the mall and Old Navy. I think the tail is so cute!

All the kiddos: My lil' nephew is a hippo, the cat leapard, my older nephew's friend the werewolf, the butterfly and my older nephew the grim reaper.

Signs of the times: Using kitchen sanitizing wipes to clean the candy before anyone can eat any. Thank you good ol' H1N1 for changing yet another holiday tradition.

Erik wore a mullet wig and some "bubba teeth" (I know, aren't we the most politically correct family ever). At first they both really bothered the girls and they'd run away from him while he was wearing them. Of course it probably didn't help that he was chasing them and telling them they needed kissies. I would've run from that too. But it was funny, by the end of the night both girls wore the mullet and were really hamming it up.


Alright, enough procrastinating, time for me to go get some "real" writing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails