Thursday, September 10, 2009

I heart books.

I don't have a ton of time, but wanted to share some of the gems I've read recently. I may have mentioned a couple of these already, but I don't have time to go back and check. I also don't have time to link to each of them at Amazon, but I trust that if you are capable of googling one if you need.

I like to list what I've read in this blog for two reasons: 1) some of my readers are readers of things besides blogs, and 2) its a great way for me to keep track of what I've read.

Okay, so in the past 3 or 4 months these are the books that have made it to my "read" pile:

The Constant Princess by Phillipa Gregory. She's a great historical fiction writer. This one was about Katherine of Aragon, Henry VIII's first wife.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I had to read this after I saw the movie for #6 as I couldn't remember how it all ended.

Sail by James Patterson. A great page-turner by one of my favorite authors.

The Dangerous Days of Daniel X by James Patterson. A young adult novel which is actually the start of a series, its about an alien hunter and it quite entertaining.

Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky. I actually didn't finish this one, I just never got into it enough to care how it ended.

Mercy by Jodi Picoult. Another tear-jerker by Picoult, this one dives into the subject of "mercy killing" and love/marriage.

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. One of the best of his I've read, I'd have to say. A Marine finds a photo in Iraq during his tour and suddenly gets lucky. After he returns to the US, he goes on a mission to find the young, nameless woman in the picture.

Flying Changes by Sara Gruen. This one is a sequel to one I read earlier, Riding Lessons. If you like horses and midlife moms trying to figure out what its all about, you'll like this one.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Based loosely on the book Hosea out of the Bible, yet set in California during the gold rush. This book was one of the best I've read this year. It was so heart wrenching, touching and inspiring. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails