Tuesday, September 8, 2009

"So what do you do all day?"

For all you stay-at-home moms, you know that even when my kids are in school I am busy during the day, right? I thought so, but its amazing to me how many times I've been asked the above question, or something similar, since the girls have started school. It's like they figure if I'm a stay-at-home mom whose children are in school all day that I have all this free time.

Ha. ha. ha. ha.

Oh, don't be misled, I do have a lot of quiet during my day now, but there's not a whole lot of free to it. Which is why I haven't been here, blogging about every novel I've read and every bon-bon I've sampled. ;-) I've had my work cut out for me:

-catching up on the cleaning that never really got done this summer, and with it the organizing and reclaiming of closets and drawers.
-working out...its nice to be able to go for a run or walk NOT at the crack of dawn
-errands. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to be able to go to Costco without kids underfoot.
-cooking. Sure the kids are in school but some days Erik finds his way home and so I end up making him lunch, so with the cooking comes dishes.
-coming to the aid of friends. I watched a friend's kids last week for one morning for her.
-volunteering at the school. Three times last week for Kera's class, who knows how many times this week.

Besides the work I've had, I do have a few things I'd like to make time for once things settle down, and oh boy I sure hope they settle down...

-scrapbooking
-writing. Hey it would be awesome to finally finish editing the NaNo I wrote last November. I had someone ask me if I still wrote poetry the other day....I'd like to do that again too.
-hiking. A girlfriend (another stay at home mom w/ kids in school) and I have grand plans for this to happen regularly starting in a couple weeks.
-cooking. I want to be able to bake and all that fun homemaker stuff, not just the basic lunch and dinner.
-blogging. This one is self-explanatory.

Ah, and so its time to go wake up the kids to get them on the bus. Then it'll be my turn to clean up before I go work for Erik this morning, get groceries, put them away (why is that almost more work than actually getting them?), work on church books and pay our bills. Hopefully I get all that done by 3:23 when the girls get off the bus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails