Thursday, April 2, 2009

Yowzers. Part 2

Okay so I have been doing things besides scrapbooking. I've kept up on the running, although since being sick I haven't made much progress as far as increasing my distance, its been more of a maintenance thing. But that's okay. The weather has not been great for outside running (its been like winter--although its April we keep getting cold and snow its frustrating!) and my running buddies have had their own obstacles. I am pretty sure we're still doing Bloomsday, although its gonna only be probably three of us which is disappointing. I officially hit 500 miles on my good ol' shoes, though so I celebrated by going down to the local running store and registering Lindsay for the kids marathon and buying new shoes. See how pretty they are!
They are sooo comfy and I love them. Its kind of amazing to think I put 500 miles on the other one in less than a year!

Let's see, oh yes, I've been reading! I'm really excited to see the progress I've made on my "beside the bed to be read" pile. It use to be overflowing out of the basket, now its not! That pile next to it are needing to be returned to a friend who loaned them to me.

So, what have I read? I think I already mentioned the Jodi Picoult one, but then there's Riding Lessons by Sara Gruen (she's the gal that wrote Water for Elephants) which was really good and has a sequel that is on my Book Wish list. If you like horses or horse riding this is the book for you. I may have also already mentioned Seasonal Disorder, it was hilarious. And then Lorna Landvick "Welcome to the Great Mysterious" (she also wrote Angry Housewives Eating Bon-Bon's) which was a great book too.


I've also been re-reading a certain popular vampire saga and was surprised to find myself staying up til the wee hours of the morning reading even though I already knew the outcome! Guess I still really like them. I'm currently on this one, which I think is my favorite by far.

Let's see, what else. I had to pull this out of the closet, again...
Lindsay was getting some massive bloody noses due to her cold and kept telling me she felt "ill" when I asked how she was. She didn't miss any school but she was just really plugged up and dry, thus the blood. Poor thing. I think she's finally on the up and up. For now everyone in the house is healthy. *knock on wood*
Oh and I mentioned the weather before but I don't think I expanded on how seriously discouraging it is. It is April 2nd and we're getting snow still and last week we had one night get down to like 18 degrees. Its impeded my outdoor running but mostly it caused me to cancel a much anticipated spring break trip to Boise. I had planned on driving down with the girls to visit my dear friends down there--I also thought the girls would love to see the Zoo and all the other fun kid stuff there. It was going to be a mother-daughter adventure. But after seeing the weather forecast for this week I decided it would be safer to stay home. The thought of being stranded on the side of an interstate with just me and my kids was a bit scary. And besides, I really hate driving on the interstate if there's even a chance of ice or snow. It freaks me out. So, we're stuck at home this week instead of playing in Boise w/ Lor, Stac and Hattie. :0( But I'm gonna reschedule for May when school is out!
So yeah, here's a picture of what my front lawn looked like earlier today:

So happy spring! I hope the weather is better for Easter! :-) Okay, I've got homemade spaghetti sauce in the oven and a new scrapbook kit calling my name, so I think that catches me up for now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on 500 shoe miles! Way to go for that. Definitely deserving of a new pair. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails