Monday, March 2, 2009

A short list

It's been a crazy almost week since my last post. Here are some of the things I've been up to...


464 miles is where these shoes are at right now. Which means I'm only 36 miles away from needing a new pair. I should be there in about 2.5 weeks. (The shoes aren't even a year old!) I'm in the thick of training for Bloomsday now--we did 7 miles yesterday and although my legs are sore today I have no real big complaints so its all good. The race is only 7.46 miles so I can safely say that I can do the distance no problem, its the HILL that scares me. I still have 2 months to do some hill work so it should be fine. No matter how I do at the race its exciting to think I'm running 7 mile long runs right now compared to my long run of maybe 3 miles at this time last year. The half-marathon was only a thought at this time last year, so I feel really confident at how much more prepared I'll be for it this year. :-)



Lindsay's school had an Arts & Academic fair night put on by the PTA to raise money, and last year she put a little ceramic bunny she had made into it. This year she hadn't brought home any really "cool" projects so we decided she'd make one and came up with the idea of a scrapbook. Not only did she put the scrapbook together with minimal help from me, but she took 99% of the pictures inside the scrapbook with the camera she got for Christmas. She was really proud of it and I think she had a lot of fun putting it together. I was really proud of her. I set her up with the supplies I thought she'd need, gave her a few pointers on layouts and she went to town. I'll have to take pictures of some of the individual pages when she brings it home, it was cute.

Due to a need for a change in behavior, the tv, movies and computer at our house have been on a tight lockdown. (Except for when its just me and Kera at home, she's not grounded). The first day was kind of rough but its been a week (with one more to go) and I am so delighted to see how much the girls play together when they don't have those distractions. They are doing so great at playing together too, with very little fighting. Kera will even turn off the tv and instead go play with her sister, so its not like she's taunting Lindsay, which is cool. Here I found them playing on Sunday morning in their bathrobes.


And finally, an impromptu lunch to celebrate Crystal's birthday. She and I were in Vegas at this time last year scrapbooking up a storm while our boys rode their atv's in the sand. That was a fun trip and I hope to do it with them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails