Sunday, March 8, 2009

When the Mom gets sick

I've been fighting a cold for what seems like weeks now. I'll go a couple of days feeling fine and then a day will dawn and I feel extra worn-out, so I'll take it easy and then feel great the next day. I think I finally pushed my body as far as it would go, however, and today I woke up feeling horrible. My throat and ears hurt, my nose is running and my body is achey. So, I've tried to stay in bed. But I've also realized its really hard to be sick when you are the mom.

When the mom gets sick...

She will lay there with the list of things that still need to be done, running through her head preventing her from really, truly resting.
Her kids call to her for the things that only Mom can do.
Her husband, although he's trying his best (bless his heart) to do what needs to be done and let her rest, ends up needing something.
Her house is loud with said kids and husband, making rest difficult.
The week still looms with kids homework, grocery lists and laundry to be done in preparation of said week, which will arrive tomorrow whether she's healthy or not.
Her mind whirls with all the things she could be doing (like blogging!) besides laying in bed and so she gets up to try and make the time somewhat productive. Heaven forbid she waste even a minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails