Rules: Once you have been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it is because I want to know more about you.
I was tagged by my Australian friend Carolyn on Facebook probably a month ago, but I forgot about it until now. I figured I'd do this here since it was about time for a blog entry anyways. Let's see if I can share sixteen random things that you don't already know about me....
1. My first job was at Taco Johns where I ended up working for four and a half years (all through high school). Although I couldn't wait to quit, I still really like the food. The funniest part of the job was that my uniform would smell like tacos even when it was clean, which led to my room and area of the basement always smelling like tacos!
2. I love cats but have come to terms with the sad truth that I'll never own another one. Erik is allergic and hates them! Maybe someday we'll get a dog, though...
3. Ever since I wrote--er--started my first novel, I have had ideas popping into my head left and right. I think I have 3 novels in progress now! My aim is to spend some more time writing next year when both the girls are in school all day.
4. My only goal after I graduated college was to go to graduate school and get an MFA in Creative Writing. The only problem was I wasn't accepted to the school I applied to and instead went on to get married and have kiddos. I've since decided one doesn't need an MFA to write, one just needs to put pen to paper.
5. I have a love/hate relationship with snow. I love how it looks and I enjoy a good sled ride w/ the kids. I think it belongs with Christmas, yet I hate driving in it and have often dreamed of an invention that would enable all snow that fell on sidewalks and roads to immediately melt, leaving them free and clear and allowing the snow to remain on the grassy areas.
6. I love chocolate. My favorite goodie is chocolate chip cookies and I have a lot of great memories of making them with different friends over the years.
7. As a kid when we'd take road trips or even drive for an extended period of time, I use to watch the scenery passing out the window and imagine there was a horse running alongside us, jumping anything that got in the way. It must have been an awfully fast horse!
8. I have a tattoo--its of a bitterroot flower on the back of my shoulder (I always forget which one, but give me a break, it is my back, not like I look at it everyday) and was a graduation gift from my brother. I'd love to get it retouched someday so it actually looked pink again but can't imaging going through the pain again. I almost fainted having it done.
9. I use to hate running, you know the running they make you do in gym, but I've since grown to love it although I think its different when you choose to do it and when you're running anywhere else but inside a gym.
10. I have high cholesterol. My doctor joked about me taking up long distance running and that was not long after I actually ran the half marathon. Go figure. I am planning on doing it again this year and possibly another one or two races....talking w/ friends about doing Bloomsday in Spokane!
11. I like being organized. I make a lot of lists and goals and plans on paper. I don't get all of them accomplished, but I am great at making plans!
12. I would love to learn how to take great pictures. Maybe someday I'll take an adult ed class on photography.
13. I use to wear acrylic nails and I took them off last spring to save money and because they aren't super practical in the summer w/ all the fishing and camping and stuff we do. I've wanted to get them put back on but can't justify the expense when I don't bring any moola in. I kind of miss them.
14. I'm going to have to go shovel snow this morning, looks like we got a good amount overnight and its still falling. I really don't mind shoveling snow.
15. I sleep with one of my hands folded up under my chin, Erik calls it the deer pose.
16. I've gone to church my entire life except for a few rebellious years in college, which is funny since I went to a Church affiliated college, but I'd have to say that I didn't have a true relationship with God until the past almost ten years (it'll be ten years in August). It's kind interesting that I could go to church all that time and be exposed to Bible for all those years but not really see it (you know the forest through the trees) until I was ready. I am extremely grateful that I did finally see it, my life is wonderfully full now.
Okay, I tag: Amanda, Marjorie, Hattie, Jami, Jessica, & Melissa. I don't think anyone else with a blog reads this, but if you read this and have Facebook, feel free to do it there! Like Staci, Yvonne, Sonja, Brandy, Hodd, & Rosie! :-)