Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hello Again.


Hi there, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm the blogger who usually hangs out here. Yeah, it's been awhile since I've been around. I didn't really announce it or anything, but I took an unplanned break. Part of it was just because life got busy, but the main part was that I just kinda lost my inspiration. My blogging muse crawled into a cave and wouldn't come out. So, you're probably wondering if she's returned since I decided to show up today. 

I think so. I've missed it, so I'm going to try to come back. But, I think writing is similar to working out, in that it's hard at first to get back into it. So be patient. I might not be super regular, or even very interesting or inspiring at first, but I'm going to try. 

I thought, since it's been so long I'll give a quick update and share a few pictures.

We were able to take quite a few backpacking trips this past summer, as a family and one with just Erik and I (and the dog). It was a fun, adventure filled summer. We took this on a hike that went nowhere, it was very steep and we were all hot, even the dog!


Speaking of the dog. Cody is now about a yeah and a half old. He's turned into quite the fun dog. He was a lot of work there for awhile and I wondered what we'd gotten ourselves into! Him and I go for walks almost daily and he likes to find little treasures like other dogs' toys, pine cones, very large sticks and even animal parts. His favorite is deer legs.  He's a sweet, good boy.


My kids have grown! Lindsay is nearly as tall as me and in Middle School. Crazy, right!? She's funny, real, smart and loves swimming and reading.


Kera is in 4th grade and absolutely loves school. She's growing into her own little person and still loves to play piano. She also wants to learn to play the guitar and the flute someday. 


The girls are both wearing some of my crochet projects. I taught myself how to crochet last fall and it's been my favorite hobby since. I make nearly all the birthday gifts out of yarn now. I'm still able to be home, volunteering in the schools and running the girls around. I haven't written as much as I'd like, but am hoping to change that this year. I'm still working on getting healthy, paleo and all that and am looking forward to getting back into lifting weights regularly this year. 

So, that's basically where I'm at in a nutshell. Hopefully I'll see you around here again!



2 comments:

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails