Thursday, May 31, 2012

Marta's Legacy (A Review)

Have I ever mentioned how I just love a good book? ;) Since I enjoy reading so much, it's pretty common to end up talking about this or that book with my friends. A couple weeks ago our family went over to Aubrey's to join her and family for dinner. She is a phenomenal hostess and cook, as well as a great friend. We had a great time. The kids played great while us adults chatted. Aubrey and I have quite a bit in common, one of which being that we both enjoy books by Francine Rivers. I've read quite a few of her books, but not all of them, so when Aubrey raved about a couple of her newer books, I figured I'd have to check them out. Well, when Aubrey went ahead and just loaned me her copies, I took them home antsy to read them.

"Her Mother's Hope" and "Her Daughter's Dream" are a two book saga of "Marta's Legacy." They tell the story of Marta's life and how her choices and experiences affect not only her but the three generations of daughters that follow her. The books are long, around 500 pages each, because they tell the stories of Marta, her daughter Hildemara, granddaughter Carolyn and great-granddaughter Dawn. Together the books span from a time slightly before WWII all the way to 9/11 and the war in Iraq. But even though they are long, I read them in a matter of days. Once introduced to Marta and her family, I wanted to see what happened to each of them as they worked through relationship and generational differences. I loved that they explored both the failures and successes of each woman and how that affected their lives individually and together. These books explore the ideas of love, forgiveness, sacrifice. and duty. They were both excellent books and I'm glad that Aubrey suggested I read them. I highly recommend them! :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails