Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sick Day Cooking


I did some cooking the other day when Lindsay was home sick. I didn't want to stray too far from her in case she needed me and I had a bunch of apples to do something with, so I cooked.
First, I threw some apples into the crock pot for applesauce. I used this recipe as a base. I threw in some apple pie spice blend from our local good food store along with cinnamon. I cooked my apples til they were very soft and so I didn't blend them at all. It turned out quite tasty and made the house smell nice.


Then, I threw together these Apple Banana Cookies. Pretty easy and tasty. I ended up eating a few for lunch. I think they are too nutty for the girls, who prefer no nuts in their baked goods, but Erik liked them. Actually now that I think about it, Lindsay didn't try them yet, it was Kera and my nephew that didn't like the nuts. We'll see what Lindsay thinks with her now-healed gut!





Then I decided to try this recipe for "Nut Munch". I think I must have done something wrong, because when it was all done, I ended up with a giant ball of nutty goodness, instead of small pieces. It tastes wonderful, but I have to chisel pieces off of it. Kera loved the taste of this one, so she got a bunch in her lunch today. 


Today I'm cooking Chicken Enchiladas from my new cookbook, so I'll hopefully remember to document that for ya, too! :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails