Friday, October 7, 2011

Kids can eat healthy too!

In this journey of healthy eating that I've been on for awhile now, one of the things that gets me most excited is when I see my girls either choosing to eat healthy or choosing to eat something they might not have before (as in their taste buds changing). It just warms my heart because they are part of the reason I want to be healthy. I want to have energy and health in order to play and keep up with my children for many years to come. I also want to educate my kids as to why we eat the way we do and why certain choices of food are better than others. I think this is the toughest part, though for several reasons. One, they are bombarded with misinformation everywhere. (School health curriculum, food commercials on tv and even well meaning adults) Two, they do eat differently from their friends at school and sometimes I think that's hard. Three, they truly miss the "unhealthy" foods that we don't eat much anymore (I still allow them to make their own choices--sometimes those choices aren't the wisest). So, when I come across a great resource that not only helps me in my quest for health, but also the girls, I get excited.

I follow a ton of paleo/primal/wholefoods type blogs, and one of them that I've found really inspiring is PaleoParents. Not only are the hubby and wife eating paleo/gaining health, but their three boys are too. They blog about a variety of things: recipes, advice, weight loss, etc; but they also just announced that they are going to be publishing a book, "Eat Like a Dinasaur", which is a recipe and guidebook for kids! Check it out, their two oldest boys did a video blog about it and they are just so stinkin' cute. (I think its sweet how the older boy pushes his little brothers hair out of his face!)

I can't wait for this book. The cover is adorable and I think the concept is wonderful. It's not going to be published til next spring sometime, but the book is already available for preorder. I would love to win a free copy of this book for my girls, and I can with your help! They will be giving away a book to the top 20 referrers to their site. So, could you, would you help me out? Just click on this link for me, pretty please! I totally appreciate it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails