Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Rolling in the Deep with Books


Okay, first things first. You have to watch this video.

   

This guy is simply amazing. I have been loving that song anyways, but seeing this guy using only his mouth to sing and make the music is just fantastic. He's my new favorite artist. I'm definitely going to put some of his stuff on my "Half-Marathon Playlist". I decided that I needed some new music for a special playlist to help me get through the half, since I figure I'll be running it mostly alone because I'll be so sssssslllllllloooooowwww.

Now, how about I tell you about some good books I've read recently? I haven't done that for awhile....

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger. 
She's the one who wrote "The Time Traveler's Wife", which was an awesome book, so when I saw this one at the book exchange, I picked it up. I'm glad I did. It was very good and interesting. Well written and kept you wondering what was going to happen. The characters were very diverse and intriguing. I really liked this book. I especially liked that the end was unexpected.

The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen
I really enjoy fiction set in history, and this one was right in there with the best. I found this one really interesting because of the whole apothecary aspect and how people dealt with illness back in the day. It's got some romance too, which is always a nice addition.

The Queen's Dollmaker by Christine Trent
Another historical fiction, this one set back in the time of Marie Antionette, which is always fascinating to me. Another cool aspect is the dollmaking, which I enjoyed. Another great romance and story of a woman making her own way in a time when that was uncommon. A great read.

Okay, your turn! Hear any good music lately? Have a suggestion for my "Half-Marathon Playlist"? Maybe you have a great book suggestion? I'll be heading to the library with the girls next week and I need some new reads!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails