Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fifteen Hours


 As I mentioned before, the girls had spring break this past week. We didn't really have any plans for it, so I asked them what they'd like to do for it. Kera answered, "Go to the bookstore." Lindsay said, "Visit Grandma and Papa." That's when inspiration hit me. Why not go visit Grandma and Papa in Reno? We didn't have any plans and it's not like I have anything better to do on a break. So, I basically decided we'd go there. I was planning on taking the girls myself if Erik couldn't get out of work, I figured I could drive it in two days and we'd stay in a hotel at the halfway mark. Luckily, Erik succumbed to our convincing (me, the girls and his family--the ones we were headed to visit) and decided to join us. I'm so glad I didn't have to drive that whole way by myself. I think I underestimated how far that is. 900 some miles=15 hours in the car.



We basically drove through a good chunk of Montana, All of Idaho and Most of Nevada to get there.



I say, "we" but I should say Erik. He drove the whole stinkin' way. 
I offered to drive, but he never took me up on it.



It was a long drive, but it's got some great scenery on the way--quite a wide variety of landscapes.



The girls did mostly okay. They had their moments, but that's to be expected, I suppose.


The worst part was on the trip home, in the last few hours, Kera was having a really hard time getting comfortable in her booster while Lindsay was sprawled out on the backseat. As a mom I just wanted to reach out and pull her into the front seat to sit with me, to make her feel better. But I didn't.


My handsome driver.


Fifteen hours is a long time to be stuck in the car, and it made me rethink my decision to go with Lindsay's idea. Maybe we should've just gone to the book store like Kera recommended?!  

It was worth it though, we had a great time with Erik's family. Went to the zoo in Sacramento, a museum and did some fun shopping. I'll share about all of it eventually!


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails