Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Potato Soup

I finally figured out a potato recipe that everyone in my family likes. That's saying a lot because my youngest is one of the pickiest eaters I know.

The cool thing is that its sooo easy.

Potato Cheese Soup
3-4 cups of chopped, peeled Yukon gold potatoes
1/2 cup finely diced celery
1/2 cup finely diced onion
3-4 cups water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
Ground pepper
5 Tbsp. butter
5 Tbsp. flour
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1. Combine taters, celery, onion with water and boil til taters are soft. It might take 20-30 minutes. Test 'em with a fork.
2. Add chicken bouillons to it and turn down to low.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat then add flour to make a paste.
4.Add milk slowly, stirring constantly. Then add cheese and stir til it's melted into the milk.
5. Add milk/cheese mixture to the potatoes and stir til thoroughly mixed together. Season with salt/pepper to taste. Personally I skip the salt since the chicken bouillon is pretty salty.
You can keep on low heat, stirring occasionally, until you are ready to eat.

We like to top ours with some crumbled bacon and crackers...

I think a little extra grated cheese would've been great, too.
Green onions probably would've been good, too.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails