Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas early...

I got to open my Christmas present today. Let me clarify, I got to open the box it was shipped to us in. Erik hadn't even gotten around to wrapping it. It's been sitting on the fireplace for the last week since it showed up on the doorstep, so I asked if I could open it early. I have no patience. He said yes, so I did.

I knew what it was, he usually gets me exactly what I ask for or close to it. It would've been hard to get something only like what I wanted. So I got exactly what I asked for......

A kindle!!!

Yay! I'm so excited to have this in my hot little hands. It solves all my problems with reading on vacation. Usually I pack 4-5 books for a trip to Mexico (well, when we go sans kids). That's a lot of luggage space. That's heavy. And now that they charge an arm and a leg for baggage, I didn't want to have to do that anymore. But the problem if I only bring 1 or 2 books is that I'd finish them both the first day or so and then be without anything. It's tough to find fiction books in English in Mexico. And for me, the ideal vacation day down there is sitting poolside with a book and my sunscreen and some guacamole and maybe a margarita. So, reading on vacation is essential.

I love books--the feel of the pages, the smell and the weight of them in my hands. I'll never stop reading real books, but this is gonna be a lifesaver for appointments, jury duty and vacation, for sure. I'm loving it already and its only been "mine" for a few hours! :-)

So, now I won't have anything to open on Christmas, but oh well. I will live, I'm sure. Now all I need are some great new books to load onto this puppy...any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I will be getting my early Christmas present via Fed Ex tomorrow -- a Keurig coffee maker! Can't wait! I am so excited. Enjoy your Kindle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats great....i'm not familiar with them but i'm sure it's perfect for you:) i don't ever wish to open gifts on christmas....just watching my kids is my gift!:)Merry Christmas my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the Nook and I love it for that reason - you can lug a whole slew of books with you! I still like actual books - I still haunt used bookstores and such - but the Nook is great for trips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kindle has all the great classics for free! I love having a bunch of "go-to" titles at my disposal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails