Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I've decided its good for me to practice being grateful by making lists of things I'm thankful for. It's sooo easy to get critical and view things in life negatively. Let's face it: life is hard. There is no way it could be anything less, but even in the midst of the hardships, there are still blessings to be grateful for. And so, today, I am thankful for...

  • My grandpa, mom, father, other relatives, friends and every other soldier who has served this country faithfully and selflessly. It is because of you that we are free.

  • Folks who are skilled and creative enough to come up with recipes for things to make at home like oreos, fig newtons and all the other yummy food that I hate to buy processed. I'm hoping to include egg nog on this list after realizing *shock* it contains high fructose corn syrup.

  • An awesome school filled with awesome teachers for my kids, as well as parent-teacher conferences that let me know how they are doing. I'm anticipating good reports and have the newest Toy Story Movie waiting to reward the girls with, as well as family dinner out at our favorite spot tonight.

  • Good friends that stick by my side through thick or thin and that help push me to do the things that I might not want to, but that I should.

  • A husband that puts others before himself, even when he doesn't feel good or has a really busy day at work.

  • My strong legs, heart and lungs that enable me to go for a run in the crisp sort-snowing morning. I'm so grateful my legs have healed and I can actually enjoy my runs again. I love getting out there and starting off the day with a good run.

  • A "job" that allows me the opportunity to hang out with my girls when they have days off school.

  • Our latte machine that gives me yummy coffees for cheap at home.

  • My warm, safe home with its flick-of-a-switch fireplace and comfy home "theater". Looking forward to hanging out with my family tonight after dinner for family movie night.

  • My life, exactly how it is. God is truly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails