Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Impromtu Mommy & Daughter time

Yesterday Erik realized that he didn't have much going for the next couple of days at work, so he decided to drive the 1.5 hrs north to hang out with his folks at their home on the lake. I had a hair appointment today so I couldn't join him, but he decided to bring the youngest up with him. He'll return by tomorrow evening and she'll stay up there to get some one-on-one time with Grandma and Papa, and then the rest of us will all go up on Friday to spend the weekend up there. Long story to explain that Lindsay and I found ourselves with almost two whole days of some rare Mommy/Daughter quality time.

So, after my hair appointment this morning, we stopped at the library to get some fresh new reads and afterwards decided it would be fun to go to a movie together. We had some time until the movie started so we ate some quick lunch at one of our favorite mommy/daughter food joints. It was so nice to be able to sit and chat just the two of us while we ate our cheesy fries. (With that and the movie treats, today has ended up not being a very healthful eating day)

We decided to watch "Ramona and Beezus" since its been one of Lindsay's favorite books/characters since before she could read, thanks in part to a gift from her insightful Aunt Kelly who gave her "Ramona the Pest" long ago. It was a great movie, I thoroughly enjoyed it and even found myself tearing up at some parts. It was a really cute family movie and I really enjoyed watching it with my dear Lindsay.



Tonight, after I work out and cook us a good dinner, we're going to paint our fingernails and play board games before having a "slumber party". Then, we have most of tomorrow too, so who knows what fun will be had by the time Daddy returns to us! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails