Monday, March 15, 2010

Reading

I've been able to spend some time reading lately, and so I have a couple books to share with you....

First of all, Rain Song. This was a delightful book, sort of a Christian love story but also about a girl facing her fears. It was well written and fun to read, with likeable characters. It was an easy read, but also uplifting. I would recommend it. :-)


Next, Land of a Hundred Wonders. This was an interesting book, for sure. The main character is a young woman who's been in a car accident leaving her with loss of memory and a little bit of brain damage, but the novel is written from her point of view, so the reader doesn't always know what's going on. It makes for an intereting read with a twist at the end. It was well written and the characters were interesting (if not all exactly likeable) and I found myself staying up late to read it.

Then there is good ol' James Patterson, this time with The 8th Confession. The eighth book in the Women's Murder Club, which is as it says, a book about women solving murders. I love most books with women as the main character, especially when they "save the day" so I enjoy these books for the smart, competent women that comprise the main characters. It's a fast, somewhat suspenseful read, and if you like his books, you'll surely like this one.

Lastly, I picked this book up at a gas station up in Glacier after I'd finished Patterson's book. It looked like  a fast, easy read, and that it was. Evidence, by Jonathan Kellerman. I guess he has a whole series of books with the main characters, a cop and a psychologist team and they solve various murders/crimes. It was typical of a murder mystery, and although it kept my interest I probably won't go out of my way to try to read the rest of the series. It was only so-so, in my opinion.

I've got Life of Pi waiting for me on my bedside table, so if I get some time to read one of these nights, I'll let you know how it goes. Otherwise, I have a ton of scrapbooking to catch up on and the sun has started to come out around here which means its time to clean out, sort and get the campinp and hiking gear ready, which means a few nights with hubby out in the garage. A little bit of work for a whole summer of fun, I can handle that! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Are you a reader too? I am such a bookworm. I've never heard of the first 2 authors, but I will check them out. :) I recently discovered a Christian library near my house, and I am LOVING not having to buy books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails