Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A little results and a boost

Okay, I could hardly wait to share this post with ya'll. I have officiallly finished "Making the Cut", which as you know, is 'the 30-day diet and fitness plan for the strongest, sexiest you'.  Okay, so you know from my earlier post that I gave up on that specific 30-day diet, but I am proud to say that I stuck with the fitness aspect. The last couple weeks I got behind for some reason, so I actually have 2 workouts left, but I will do them. Then I'm going to keep cycling through the workouts, probably 3 each week, not because I enjoyed doing them so much (I actually hate all the moves and feel like throwing up during a good majority of them) but because I have seen results. Yes, that is right, RESULTS! Woohoo. Would you like me to tell you the results? Well, I hope you said yes, because that was my plan.

I weighed myself on Monday for the first time since the first week of the plan, (on which I had lost 2 pounds) and I was disappointed to see that I was still sitting at that two pound loss. Hmmm. I knew my pants were fitting looser, so I was surprised to see the scale still at that same number. I tried to pep talk myself that day, but it didn't work and I still found myself reaching for the comfort of dark chocolate the last two evenings. Not too happy with myself. But, I decided I'd do the fitness test from the book today to see if I'd improved there and then I was thinking about pulling out the measuring tape and seeing if there was any difference there.

I did the fitness test this morning and found that I had improved in every single area. My pulse was 6 beats lower on the step test, I could do ten more push-ups, 11 more sit ups and six more seconds of wall sitting. I liked seeing improvement there, so I braved the tape measure.

I lost 2 inches in my bust (not exactly excited about losing it here, but oh well, beggers can't be choosers)
I lost 1.5 inches in my chest
I lost 1.5 inches in my waist, which I am most proud of because I am officially out of the danger zone!
I lost 1.5 inches in my hips
I lost half an inch on both thighs and on both arms (upper arms).

It doesn't seem like a ton, but I am so tickled pink with these results!!! This has given me exactly the kind of boost I need to keep going down this weight loss road. I know that if I stick with it, I will see results, because the numbers on the scale are bound to follow the ones on the tape measure. :-0 I am smiling big today.

3 comments:

  1. Those are GREAT numbers for a 30 day program. That's amazing! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Progress isn't measured only on the scale. You have made some really good improvements. Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that! Maybe I'll give that a try, since I have had the same 10 pounds that I can't get rid of forever and my whole body could use a tone-up. Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails