Friday, March 19, 2010

Heritage

I think I am officially sick. I came home yesterday from a full morning of bible study & lunch with my Auntie Pat and went right to bed, sleeping for an hour and a half. Even though I've got the option to nap in the middle of the day most days, I don't take it even if I'm really tired, its only when I'm sick or I've had a killer workout that I nap. Yesterday I barely woke up in time to unlock the door to let in the girls after school and usually I meet them at the bus stop. I still don't feel great today either. Just achey and exhausted, some itchy throat but no real cold symptoms. I hate being sick but not knowing what it is, you know what I mean? Ugh. So I'm taking it rather easy, well, as easy as I can take it when the floors need vacuumed and laundry needs done. Now that I think about it I'll skip the floors and probably just do the laundry, thats not very labor intensive, I think I can handle it.
The one good thing about being sick is that I've had time to just sit. And this sitting time has given me time to do something that has been on my mind for a while, and that is to check out the website, Ancestry.com. I've seen commercials for it and have always been interested in geneology, so yesterday I actually got on there and started plugging in my relatives. It was amazing, although I didn't know birth and death dates for my grandparents, I was able to find them by using the census and other records on there, but also from other people's family trees that included my relatives. Its pretty cool, I haven't double checked for accuracy what I've found with the records my mom has, but I was able to trace back on my dad's mother's side a relative all the way to 1700 Austria. I think that is just fascinating.  So, I think today while I wait for laundry loads to finish I might see what else I can find on there. It's a really cool website. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails