Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas.


We had a wonderful Christmas, full of friends, family and yummy food. Erik's folks came down the two or three days before Christmas, and so the girls opened up their gifts early on Christmas Eve. Here they are in all their cuteness.

Here Erik and I are in all our cuteness...well, at least Erik looks cute. I'm totally in my pajamas still.

Lindsay wanted to start a new tradition this year. She wanted to leave cookies out for Santa, so we made a special batch of sugar cookies on Christmas Eve and then put some out on a plate with some milk. I told Lindsay to make a note and this is what she wrote.


Lo and behold, Santa liked the cookies. Lindsay is right at the stage where she's trying to figure out if Santa is real or not. She asked me if I believed in him and I told her I believed in the spirit of Santa, and about the original St. Nicholas. Then she asked me if I filled the stockings. I couldn't lie to her, so I said yes. She said that was okay and then she said that there was still a chance Santa was real if he ate the cookies....She's such a little kid, wanting so badly to believe still.

The girls and their new purses made by their wonderful Aunt Deder. They are real leather and really, really awesome. The girls loved them.


On Christmas Day Lindsay's other front tooth finally fell out after being a snaggle tooth for probably two weeks. She let us put some floss on it and all it took was one pull in the other direction and it popped out. She is now without both her front teeth and looks so cute!

WE're headed up to spend some time at the lake tomorrow for a few days, then it'll be back home to celebrate New Years. The girls go back to school on the 4th and then on the 9th we're headed to Mexico for a week as a family, which should be fun! I must admit, I'm stressing a bit about how that trip will be here in less than 2 weeks! It seems like so soon and I have so much left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails