Sunday, February 22, 2009

Six Miles


I met up with my running buddies--now there are 4 of us--this morning for a run outside. It was beautiful and I loved every minute of it. We've taken about 3 months off due to weather (we tried to run a couple weekends ago and the path and road were icy & we only made it about 2 miles before throwing in the towel) and I was eager to get back into the habit. I just love running with these gals, we talk the whole way which keeps us at a easy pace but we get caught up on each others' lives and its just genuinely fun. Today we did 6 miles as we're training for the Bloomsday race in Spokane, WA in May. Three of us are planning on it and we're trying to convince the fourth (you can totally do it Amber!) to join us. I'm excited to see the weather start to turn and to add the miles on to our long runs, the feeling of gearing up for a race is really exhilerating. And its even more encouraging to think that this time last year we hadn't even talked about trianing for the half-marathon let alone were we running 6 miles, so I have a lot of hope that we'll be in even better shape for it this year. I'm excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails