Sunday, October 19, 2008

Observations

I've had the opportunity in the last few months to spend some time around the campus group from church a little more than normal. Don't get me wrong, they are great and haven't ever done anything specifically to make me feel old, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of having absolutely nothing in common with them besides church. After some thought, I decided it was just because I am getting to be, well, "old". *sigh*. And I have some proof, some "signs of the times"...

In no particular order, here are my "signs that I'm getting old"

1. I am almost old enough to actually be a mother to some of the younger campus students (by a few years, but still)
2. When I hear the new music of New Kids on the Block, I am immediately brought back in time to 7th grade.
3. I can't believe that NKOTB aren't actually kids anymore, but grown men with families of their own.
4. I know who Christa McAuliffe is without having to Google her.
5. Speaking of google, I remember a time when we opened an Encyclopedia to learn something instead of launching Internet Explorer.
6. I can remember vividly a time when the only electronics that a "kid" might own would've been a Nintendo complete with duck hunt gun.
7. I use to keep in touch with long distance friends by using a piece of paper, envelope and stamps, commonly known now as "snail mail".
8. I have more freinds now that are parents than aren't.
9. Kids I use to babysit have their own kids.

That is all I can think of for now, although I am sure there are more, hey, you might even have one or two.... :-)

1 comment:

  1. I got more for ya!

    10. I have friends in their 40's and they don't seem that old!

    11. My best friend from high school and I share cooking and cleaning tips now, when we used to talk about boys.

    12. I find myself saying, "Kids these days...."

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails