Monday, June 2, 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Its a "stay in the house and curl up with a good book" kind of day. Too bad I don't really have time for that! I have a few minutes for this and then its time to clean my kitchen and get organized for the week ahead of me. I like to plan the week's dinner menu in advance to make sure I have all the ingredients and so I don't end up wondering "what's for dinner" at 6pm on a busy Wednesday. And I like to cook new recipes so this way I can plan ahead and try new ones once or twice a week. I tried two new ones yesterday for the bbq potluck after church -- a yummy broccoli salad and an even yummier rhubarb (rhubarb from my mother-in-law's yard!!)coffee cake. Mmmmm!

Dinner out was great (Finn & Porter) as expected. It was a bummer, our friends didn't end up getting to come but it was great just getting one-on-one time with Erik. We had calamari (the best in town) and I had french onion soup, also yum, and this blt salad that was good. I had some room for dessert and we got this molten chocolate cake that is what they serve now in place of "The Naugthy Cake" which I think was better, but this one was still ooey gooey good. You can't beat warm chocolate! We came home and put the kids to bed and watched "Hitman"....yeah I know not very romantic but still a good movie! All in all it was fun.

So here are a few shots of Kera today enjoying the outside even in the midst of the rain:

Riding her hand-me-down bike that she loves:

Playing in the new (free!! its a long story that shows how pathetic big box stores really can be) playhouse:
And finally, showing off how cute she really can be:

I love her!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's some crazy hair on my favorite little girl! Glad dinner was good - F&P is one of my very favorite places. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh...date night. We are so ready for one of those. How fun...especially when he planned it all. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails