Tuesday, January 22, 2008

WWF or What We do for Fun


Well, the new year has definitely settled in around here, as its been life as normal, with school, cleaning, cooking, laundry, play dates (yay!) and bills to pay. Its always surprising to me how much time all that "everyday stuff" takes. In the meantime, we've had a few fun times. Like above, which is the wrestling session that Lindsay and Kera had the other night. But like any rough housing, its all fun and games until someone gets hurt, and I think that time it was Lindsay, so the session ended with Lindsay wailing and Kera continuing to run around the living room like a wild banshee.
Speaking of banshees, Erik had a birthday on Sunday. I won't tell you how old he is except that he's one year closer to turning 40. It was really a nice birthday because he took care of his gift and his entertainment all on his own. He bought himself a used snowmobile and then went riding with a bunch of guys on Saturday. He had fun, which is good, a guy who works as hard as he does, needs & deserves to play as much as he can. Oh, and we went to dinner & a movie as a family Friday night in honor of his birthday, which was fun. We saw "The Waterhorse" and I thought it was really good-but I hated the ending. Then again, I'm tough to please when it comes to movie endings. I hate sad goodbyes or depressing nonresolutions. I like the happy, sappy "alls well that ends well" but sometimes those are just too cheesy--it must be the (wannabe)writer/old English major in me that makes me super picky about the endings....
Anyway, its back to the ol' grind again this week, but hopefully I'll have some fun stories to share and the time to blog about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails