Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Goal Completed: 71 Join a CSA for at least one season


Goal #71: Join a CSA for at least one Season

I had a friend join a  CSA one summer and when she had broccoli coming out her ears or some other random veggie that her family wouldn't eat, I'd get to bring it home with me. It really interested me in so many ways. I love the idea of supporting a local farm/business, eating organic and seasonally and being forced to try new veggies. I tried to sign up last spring but they didn't have any openings, so I just had them put my name on the waiting list. Early this spring I got an email from the farmer asking if I was still interested because they had an opening. I was so excited! After talking to Erik about it, I signed up for a full share and sent my check in.

In case you don't know what a CSA is, check out this website, it will explain it and gives you links to find CSA's in your own area. It's how I found mine! :)


Well now that summer is in full swing and the plants are growing, my farm has started the basket pick-up. So, every Wednesday afternoon I get to go the farm and pick up my bag of goodies. I've gotten carrots, garlic, peas, broccoli, kale, garlic scapes and onion. The bags are pretty light right now because we had a wonky spring, but what we've gotten so far has tasted so yummy. I love it already. Our farm also has chickens and I can get farm fresh eggs for $4/dozen if I want, which of course I do! Look at how beautiful they are, and they taste so good! 

I'm really excited about our CSA and look forward to seeing what cool, fresh veggies we get to take home each week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails