Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I lift things up and put them down...

So, I recently finished my third round of one rep max workouts and thought this would be a good time to give you a little update. Remember, I do four moves: shoulder press, squat, dead lift and bench press. I go through a schedule that includes different %'s of my 1RM with varied reps each week, and about every four weeks I do a round of 1RM of each move. I look forward to that week because it's exciting to see the numbers change. It's a tangible proof to me that I'm making progress. This last round of 1RM was actually   split by a couple weeks because I caught a horrible cold that had me not working out for about 2 weeks. I was pretty miserable! After I started to feel better, I still took time to recover and didn't workout again until I felt 100% better. I'm really starting to appreciate the importance of rest and recovery when it comes to health/fitness.

Here's how my 1RM have gone so far, for reference:
February 2012:
Shoulder Press (dbells) 35# (in each hand)
Goblet Squat 65#
Bench Press 90#
Deadlift 125#

March 2012:
Shoulder Dbell Press: 35# (That's in each hand) (no change)
Goblet Squat: 80# (15# increase!)
Deadlift: 150# (25# increase)
Bench Press: 90# (no change

April/May 2012:
Shoulder Press: 35# (still)
Goblet Squat: 80# (still)
Deadlift: 160# (10# increase)
Benchpress: 95# (5# increase)

It might not seem like much, but I love seeing those numbers moving upwards. I can't wait to look back at this in a year and see how much strength I've built then since this is only basically four months of lifting heavy! And no, I won't get all bulky like the guy in the video below, because unless women really try for bulk, it doesn't happen. No bulk here, just strength and some muscle definition. Wanna see my guns? :)


Now for your entertainment, this is something that I think of sometimes when I tell people I lift heavy stuff, not that ANYONE I know from EPLifeFit is even close to being like this...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails