Thursday, March 22, 2012

Piano

This past fall Kera began taking piano lessons from a very sweet neighbor lady. She'd expressed an interest in learning how to play piano for awhile, and even got a keyboard for her birthday last year. I was excited to get her into lessons because I've always wanted to know how to play the piano. I also think piano music can be so pretty. Kera has really taken to her piano playing and has just gobbled up her lessons and made her teacher, Miss Jan, just giddy because she loves to play so much. She's still in the beginner book, but she's gotten to the point where she can actually play songs that use both hands, sometimes at the same time. I'm so impressed. I'm also hopeful that she'll want to continue to play and could someday play beautiful, inspiring songs like "My Hope is In you Lord" by Aaron Shust. I heard that song on the radio and immediately fell in love with the opening piano part.

Check it out...


I also like the lyrics, too:


"I meet with You and my soul sings out
As your word throws doubt far away
I sing to you and my heart cries holy
Hallelujah, Father You're near


My hope is in you lord, all the day long
I won't be shaken by drought or storm
A peace that passes understanding is my song and I sing
My hope is in you alone."


Do you play the piano or enjoy the music? Have you gotten your kids into any lessons that you wished you'd have done?

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a very easy on the eyes which
    makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and
    visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?

    Fantastic work!
    Feel free to visit my website : golden virginia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails