Thursday, March 17, 2011

Breaking the Rules

Let's face it, even when you try you can't always do everything correctly. For one, because we aren't perfect, and for two, because sometimes it's not always clear what the right thing to do is. Like with food--it seems like there are just as many "experts" telling you to eat this as there are telling you not to. Or even fashion and the whole "white after Labor Day" debate. 

Well, this is all about the "rules" that I intentionally break, cuz we all have them...inspired by this blog post by Shut Up and Run.

Ten Ways I Break the Rules

1. Sometimes I let my girls have a piece of candy in the morning before school or right before bed.
2. If I'm really tired, I'll skip brushing my teeth or washing my face at night, but never both at the same time.
3. I wash my girls' clothing all together, blacks, whites, reds and polka-dots. Forget sorting.
4. I drink way too much coffee.
5. I sign off on my kid's homework even if we didn't do it exactly the way it's directed.
6. I wash my hair everyday.
7. Sometimes I let my kids use hand sanitizer instead of sending them to the bathroom to scrub their hands.
8. I drink the water in Mexico.
9. I am not diligent about sunscreening me, or my kids.
10.  I pick my cuticles, bite my nails and pick at anything that "doesn't belong."

Ah. That felt kinda good to get that all out there. You should try it. :-)

3 comments:

  1. It does feel good to come clean, doesnt' it?? Great list and thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I totally signed off on something this morning for my daughter that I have no idea if she did or not. Ah...what the heck...she's a girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails