Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday

The view out my window not too long ago when I was working out. :-)

Hi there. I didn't do this last week for two good reasons. One, I was thoroughly enjoying my last week of summer vacation. And two, I didn't want to step on the scale. I was pretty sure I had either gained or not lost and I just didn't want to face it.

The good thing about the girls going back to school? Life is more orderly and it's so much easier to have discipline in every area of life, including exercise & eating. So, I am back on the wagon, for reals this time. I am counting each calorie (including you little M&M cookie!) and working out 6 days a week. I even took my vitamins 3 days in a row. I even ran outside yesterday--something I haven't done in months--and it felt so wonderful, even if my legs are super sore now thanks to the hills! I know I am doing what I need to do, so if I stick with it, the results will surely show themselves.

All that to preface the fact that I gained a pound since I last weighed in. I am not surprised at all, like I said I was really enjoying the last week of summer, camping and all that with the family, eating all the junk food that goes along with it and not counting anything. Honestly, it was kind of refreshing to not to be so focused on food for a few days. I think maybe a little of that is good for you, but probably not a whole week of it.

Suffice it to say I failed at my goals from last time, but I have a new one. I have decided to just do one goal at a time to enable me to actually focus on it. This week I want to work on cutting back on my coffee intake. The last few days I've had an extra latte in the afternoon and its pushed my calorie count up and given me a tummy ache and made me want to eat to soothe it. I have my two cups in the morning and those don't bother me, so my goal is to stick to water and tea (or my 1 glass of wine with dinner) after those 2 morning coffee's.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails