Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Weigh-in Wednesday

Woohoo for another pound lost! I am down to 168 on the scale this morning, and that was even after I'd drank half my morning latte. :-)

Exercise: Still working on the P90X Lean program, I skipped a few days last week due to our camping trip, but even then we were hiking and rowing boats, and doing all the normal camping things, so it wasn't like I was just sitting around. I got in a couple of runs and one really long walk too. I haven't done either of those this week as my right shin was starting to bother me and I figured I better be safe than sorry and give it a couple of days. I might try a small, short run today. I've decided that my not running has been kind of freeing. Instead of being focused on a training plan that I have to follow, getting certain amount of miles/time in each week, just running when I have time/energy is actually quite enjoyable. Of course, if running was the only exercise I was doing I'd do it more, but its not since I'm doing 1hr/day P90X workouts, so its kind of like frosting on the workout routine. I am actually enjoying it this way. I don't think I'm going to jump back on the training bandwagon for a while.

Diet: Still hit or miss with the calories, but have been trying to continue to pay attention to my eating. For example if I have a glass of wine with dinner, I make it a point to skip any sweets or night time snacks except for a piece of fruit if I feel hungry. Also on the dinners that I cook that I'm not 100% sure of the calorie content, I'll just take a reasonable portion of it and not get 2nds, but make sure to balance my plate with salad. Like last night, I made this delicious lasagna in my crock pot and would've loved to have more, but I didn't. I recently signed up to use MyFitnessPal which tracks calories (as well as exercise) and so I figure I'll give that a try and see if I'm more disciplined about using that. I'm interested to see how it works for exercise too, maybe it'll be like a free/not-as-scientific sort of bodybugg. We'll see.

So, overall I feel like I'm slowly making progress and haven't lost my motivation, which is big for me! One of these days I'm going to take my measurements and see how those are looking as well, but for now I am tickled pink with my 1lb weight loss for this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails