Friday, May 14, 2010

Shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it

Not too long ago, I found myself in the midst of a blog party, and as a result of that, I have like a million new blogs that I read and/or follow. (That might only be a slight exaggeration). One of them shared an awesome activity that you can do with your kids, and me and the girls tried it about a month ago.
We took some heavy whipping cream, like half of one of those small containers, put it in an empty & clean mayonnaise jar and shook it.

And shook it.

And rolled it.

And shook it some more.

The girls got tired so I did my fair share of shaking.

And after about twenty minutes it wasn't cream anymore, it was a big hunk of....butter!
We drained the buttermilk from the jar and put the butter in a little container, rinsed it off (I guess it gets rancid quickly if you don't rinse it well) and ate it on some bread. And it was wonderful. There is seriously nothing like fresh, homemade butter.





It was an unusual but fun activity with a great result. I love those kinds of activities. :-) Check out the original post at "Riding with No Hands" if you want all the details on how/why it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails