Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ballet

The girls had their ballet recital today. Actually, ballet ended up taking up a huge majority of the time this weekend, what with dress rehearsal and the recital as well as all the time it took me to prepare them. A note to any mom's of daughters out there who is even thinking about ballet--don't cut your girls shoulder length hair into a cute bob. That cute bob is super hard to get into a tight, bun aka ballet hair without using a ton of hair gel and a million bobby pins. Just saying.

Anyway, because pictures of cute little girls never get old, here are a few of my favorites....


This is the day of the dress rehearsal. Kera has been battling a nasty bug all week, so she wasn't exactly thrilled about doing any ballet. We sort of forced her. But, once she got there and dressed, she was fine, it was just all the preparation that was tough.
Lindsay, on the other hand, was thrilled about the whole thing.
They wanted ballet hair and stage make-up. So I did my best. My girls have some jealousy inducing eyelashes naturally, but applying mascara to them just emphasized them more. I could be in trouble when they get to high school....

They had the most adorable little dresses. Here they are at the theater and all ready to go.


When I played the flute way back in junior high, my Dad use to always take me out to Dairy Queen after a band concert. Today, after the recital Kera was starving, so we made a quick stop at Wendy's on the way to church. Cheeseburger, fries and the ever yummy frosty later and she was smiling again. So was I, as this was so reminiscent of the ice cream tradition with my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails