Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I just love it when everything has it's place!

Today I had some time to do some cleaning and to finally finish the purging/organizing of the hall closet and under the bathroom sinks that I had started last week. Let me tell you, I love it when things are clean and put away in an organized manner. And I also love getting rid of stuff! So, if you'll remember the before pictures, here's what it looks like now:

Remember that lovely empty space in my hall closet? Now it is where I get to store all the extra/overflow bathroom supplies, for both my girls' bathroom and our master bathroom. I hope to get a cool little 2-drawer type storage thingy for the items on the left (its mostly our travel sized stuff and other little things), but for now these lovely plastic bins work just fine.

Here's a view of the closet:

I love that everything has its place.

Next is under my girls' sink. They actually have 2 sinks, but under the other one is just everyday towels. This is the one that always got the extra stuff thrown into it, so I went through everything, threw out a bunch, put a bunch in the hall closet and then voila. I love seeing the empty spaces! lol


Next was under my sink, which was amazingly empty after I moved all the extra stuff into the hall closet. I honestly don't know why I didn't do that earlier! It's going to be so much easier to see what I actually have for backups with it all in the closet instead of trying to look at everything crammed under the sink. It's not super neat, but some things just don't organize neatly I've decided. At least everything has its place and its not jam packed and overflowing anymore. I'll be able to get to thinks as I need them now, so I'm happy.


Besides the normal everyday/weekly cleaning, I also have an ongoing list of house "to do's" that include bigger projects. One of which is to redo the master bedroom. I'm ashamed to say its one of the only rooms left in the house without color on the walls. I've even managed to pain the girls' rooms twice each in the almost 9 years we've been in this house and yet my room (and bathroom) stand sadly white. So, I'm determined to change that. I've got a color picked out that Erik likes and I even already bought new bedding, so its definitely a work in progress, though I am antsy to get that paint on the walls. Would you like hint to the colors I'm leaning towards? Well, okay....

What do ya think? :-) I hope to post before & after pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails